The Recruitment, Retention, and Staffing Module (RRS) provides for electronic recruitment, job posting, online application, rating, ranking and referral of candidates. Approved positions are posted to more than 1,600 .org and .edu recruitment sites simultaneously, as well as social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The system builds a custom job application based on the specific requirements of the position that applicants will complete online and submit for rating and ranking.
This module automatically produces:
• Public notice vacancy announcement (USAJOBS format).
• Job summary, short-form vacancy announcement for advertising.
• Email postings for outreach to Avue’s 1,600-plus recruitment sites.
• Job analysis worksheet.
• Applicant assessment questionnaire.
• Crediting plan.
• Behaviorally based benchmarked interview guide.
• Online reference check or telephone reference script.
• USAJOBS export file (XML or email versions).
RRS also includes a complete range of services and support for the ultimate in effective agency recruitment.
• RRS reviews all applications and produces a list of highly qualified applicants for the hiring manager. Business logic engines automatically adjust the lists based on regulatory requirements and union rules to take into consideration special priorities such as veteran’s preference, eligibility requirements and priority placement programs.
• RRS also allows applicants to define their interest so that they are automatically informed, by email, when positions are posted that match their profile.
• RRS maintains a centralized database of applicant information that can be easily queried to retrieve applications of candidates with previously determined skill sets and competencies for open positions. In addition, each staffing action is electronically archived to provide an historical record of all applicant transactions.
• RRS produces all required reports and archives all staffing cases and provides for ad hoc reporting using the Avue online reporting tool. OPM required Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) reports and EEOC MD-715 reports are generated automatically and in the required format for submission. RRS also utilizes a DEU Risk Mitigation Tool which warns HR specialists when actions they are taking could be considered regulatory violations. This tool also produces the DEU audit case file in conformance with current OPM DEU audit requirements.
• RRS supports the integration of diversity goals with each staffing action to assure management and HR decisions are tailored to increase diversity and achieve goals related to full representation.
• RRS is the ultimate in applicant relationship management, with automatic, customized, email notifications at every stage of the process, along with 24×7 applicant self-service tracking and status lookup online.
• Support across the full spectrum of recruitment and staffing activities.
• Automatic complete DEU reporting, integration with FEORP requirements, applicant flow data, and cycle-time metrics and MD-715 reporting.
As part of the subscription to the RRS Module, clients also receive:
• Custom-branded recruitment sites, including custom video.
• “Open Continuous” recruitment in which potential applicants respond to skills surveys and create a pool of immediately available candidates.
• Support for all client recruitment events, including event-specific recruitment videos. As well as design and graphics support for collateral.
• Support for recruitment source effectiveness analysis.
RRS Feature Functionality
• Automatically determines whether candidate meets basic qualifications.
• Automatically rates and ranks candidates, including applying Veterans’ Preference and assessing and flagging applicants available through alternative hiring authorities.
• Automatic generation of referral list and notifications to managers that referral lists are available (online) for candidate review, further assessment, and selection.
• Using Avue’s AccreditCheck® technology, automatically verifies that academic degree was earned from accredited institution and flags applicants where accreditation is not found.
• Online reference checking and automatic generation of telephone reference checking guides.
• Ability to automatically access more than 1,600 .org and .edu recruitment sources specific to diversity, occupational, and affinity groups.
• Automatically pulls applicant data from USAJOBS.
• Posts single use and open-continuous vacancy announcements.
• Allows single or open-continuous job postings with multiple locations and at multiple grades/series. Applicants select location preferences, from a list or a map. Only applicants who have selected the locations appear on the referral list for that location.
• Single job announcements covering multiple types of appointments and work schedules.
• “Combined Internal/External Announcement” places a statement on the vacancy announcement that indicates the vacancy is a combined announcement and that applicants will be rated for all categories for which they are eligible.
• Referral lists are generated for each category (internal v. external) since different list rules apply.
• Career ladder announcements.
• Multiple series and inter-or multi-disciplinary announcements.
• The full range of Senior Executive, Senior Level, and other high level and “specialized” positions.
• Recruiter support, program management, prospect management, and event management.
• Survey of both applicants and managers to track satisfaction on each and every announcement.
• Report on applicant flow and diversity content of applicant pools using the Avue online reporting tool.
• Automatic generation of OPM required Delegated Examining Quarterly Workload Report.
• Automatic applicant sorting based on the client’s business rules and processes.
• Applicant status tracking. Including: contacted, interviewed, selected, accepted, declined location, declined salary, failed to reply, removed for qualifications determination, removed for suitability, and more.
• Communicates with applicants via email and mail/merge hard copy notices throughout the process, as well as 24/7 applicant ability to look up status.
• Email notifications to applicants to update applications and indicate continued availability and/or interest on Open
• Continuous announcements (the default update request is every 60 days) and automatic updates to the applicant pool based on the applicant’s response.
• Applicant self-service tracking and status lookup online.
• Warning notices delivered by email 72 hours before an announcement closes, to applicants who have started but not completed applying.
• Varied applicant assessment and referral list generation processes that are tailored to the specific need of the Department/Agency.
• Referral lists can be ranked using a variety of methods including in score or alphabetical order, in categories according to category ranking procedures, or in random order.
• Applicant lookup for users with authorization and system permissions. This enables an authorized user to lookup any applicant by typing in the applicant’s name. All vacancies for which the applicant has applied are then displayed, along with the applicant’s status (e.g., applied, basically qualified, interviewed, etc.). Avue uses this to help manage name requests and special recruitment activities.
• Online, ad hoc, reporting of all activities at every step or event in the HR process including, for example, metrics related to hiring cycle time, service delivery performance, and applicant flow data.
• Automatic reporting on progress toward the OPM 45-Day Hiring cycle.
• Ability to copy and re-use prior vacancy announcements.
• Tracking and reporting on recruiting sources effectiveness including applicant flow from specific sources and tracking applicants from certain sources such as paid advertising and job fairs.
• Automatic generation of EEOC MD-715 reports.
• Online ranking or interview panel support including invitations to participate on the “vacancy team” and online, and upon request onsite, support recording assessment scores and comments and scoring online during the session.
• In those situations where applications must be printed, Avue provides a printable “book” of the applications in .pdf format, complete with a table of contents, tabs for each applicant, and subsections for each application’s primary components. Any documents the applicant attaches are also included.
• Unlimited email notifications to applicants and managers.
• Online administration of written tests and the addition of any traditional paper and pencil test based on client request.
• Tests are administered via Internet access anywhere the applicant is located, provided a client-authorized individual is at that site and can verify the identity of the test taker.
• Automatically produced interview guides, complete with benchmarks, suitable for a structured, behaviorally based interview.
• Comprehensive online skills surveys (database included as part of AOS) and use of skills surveys for the development of large, open-continuous, applicant pools.