Avue’s ASAP (Avue Service And Processing) is the component of Avue that provides the powerful, flexible and robust workflow and case tracking capabilities inherent in the Platform. ASAP is the only human resources system to include business activity monitoring and reporting as a standard system and service feature.
ASAP also provides a means for the agency to see total workload, move transactions from overtasked specialists to under tasked specialists, and optimize processing to meet immediate demands. ASAP supports both collaboration workflows, such as for Vacancy Announcement request, creation and approval, and performance management and optimization, and transaction workflows, including feeding data to agency PAR processing systems. ASAP Workflows can be configured for any HR Business Process in the organization.
• Avue’s workflow adapts to the agency, rather than the other way around. To best meet each client’s needs, Avue maps each agency business process to produce an optimal process flow supporting the Subscriber’s policies and practices.
• Avue’s Virtualization capability provides each component of the organization the independence to use their own Business Processes, allowing the component to decide to use the global business processes or their own local processes. A key feature of site virtualization is that NBC can still extract system-wide reports that show all customers and their metrics without requiring that all customers adhere to the same business process.
Process participants are linked to the workflow and designated roles, with security, permissions, and “actions” that are tailored to their various agency roles, and their roles in relevant events in the business process. Edits, additions, deletions, and participant changes are administered by the agency using the Avue System Administration function or, if desired, by Avue consultants, and are included in the client’s subscription fee.
• Mailboxes are used to allow multiple users to be assigned the responsibilities for steps in the process. Users with mailbox rights can grab the requests and process them, or can assign them for others to complete.
• Avue HR Functionality is linked right into the ASAP Workflow. Users performing a step using functionality within an Avue module, such as a Selecting Official reviewing a Vacancy Announcement prior to posting, jumps right into the appropriate location in the Avue module directly from ASAP or vice versa.
• Participants can make “in flight” adjustments to specific business transactions so that the process flow is not restricted to the predefined workflow.
• Need to add an approval because of a special circumstance in a particular transaction? With ASAP a user can insert a new step into the process as necessary.
• Need to redo a step? With ASAP a previous step can be repeated to collect additional information.
• Need to get some information from someone else before you can complete your part? Rather than leaving the request in your own InBox, ASAP allows you to insert a step into the process and assign it to that person. Metrics are traced to the actual person that is to perform the next step.
• Are there optional steps in the process that can be skipped for some actions? With ASAP, users can designate steps to skip manually, or based on the circumstances of the action, ASAP will skip steps automatically.
This key feature ensures there is true collaboration in the process, with effective and time saving interactions between all participants that are captured online. As the workflow system generates work activities, users are notified of pending actions by the workflow access points found in the Avue NavigatorTM.
The Inbox, On Deck, and Watch List functions, along with concurrent notifications sent to each user’s regular email system, notify users of the need to review and make appropriate decisions so that actions progress. The workflow is customized for each client and often for each business unit within the client organization. As the business process is performed, full tracking of the actions is performed, enabling the creation of a complete audit trail of all changes made during the process and to the elements of the process — e.g. the PD developed or the vacancy posting used over the course of the business process.
Diversity of business process is a reality in large organizations and Avue has ensured that the system conforms to the client business process rather than forcing the client to conform to the software. The flexibility starts with the Business Processes designed and implemented during deployment at each level of the organization, and continues with on-the-fly routing updates as a requests moves through the workflow. In this way, the client enjoys the efficiencies of automated workflow without the difficulties of extensive, and often exhaustive, change management.