Avue’s Conference and Event Management Module (CEM) offers a one-stop solution for federal agencies to meet new travel and conference spending guidelines outlined in U.S. Office of Management and Budget Memo M-12-12. On May 11, 2012, Executive Branch agencies were directed to cut travel spending by 30 percent beginning in October, cap conference spending at $500,000, and provide annual public reports detailing conference spending starting in January 2013.
The CEM Module is a standalone application with all features needed to assist federal agencies in becoming more effective stewards of public funding for Federal Government Travel, Government Conference and Government Events. The CEM Module:
• Provides instant information on government conference and event opportunities related to the core competencies and mission of the organization.
• Offers a list of recent activities so individuals can check the status of their training, conference and event activities and select the most relevant items directly from the home page.
• Provides a calendar for tracking all training, conference and event activities.
• Allows individuals to select from a wide-ranging list of conference and event opportunities or easily add their own conference/event opportunities to the system through the Learning Management Center.
• Workflow includes appropriate approval steps for administrators, managers, finance officials.
• Provides for obligation of funds, payment processing and verification of attendance.
• Federal government travel is tracked as an associated expense.
• Operates as a full-scale federal government travel expense tracking system.
• Provides an Applied Regulations Center with extensive ethical guides and current federal regulations surrounding training, conferences and events.
• Allows agencies to track conference and event spending with real budget data to meet federal reporting requirements.
• Attendees can evaluate courses, providing continuous improvement opportunities for the agency.
The Learning Management Center:
• Provides a wide-ranging list of federal agency conferences and events and promotes online confirmation of individual and group attendance at events.
• Allows individuals to initiate: a conference/event opportunity announcement, a conference/event attendance request, or a request to host a conference/event opportunity.
• Facilitates easy online entry of additional training, conference or event opportunities.
• Provides detailed information about conference/event such as conference title, description, learning objectives, attendance eligibility, length, and start date/end date.
• Provides online review and approval of travel and conference/event expenses and promotes better control and management of agency travel, conference and event budgets.
• Provides data that employees can use to plan individual development.
The Applied Regulations Center provides:
• Executive Branch agency ethics guides and conduct standards.
• The most current federal training, conference and event regulations, updated at regular intervals.
• Online samples of training manuals and policies to view what other federal agencies are doing.
• Conference and event planning guidance from the U.S. General Services Administration.
Talent Community provides:
• The ability to create social profile and network with other federal employees through a variety of community forums.
THE CEM MODULE CAN STAND ALONE BUT WORKS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE ENTERPRISE LEARNING MANAGEMENT (ELM) MODULE, AVUE’S COMPREHENSIVE, END-TO-END LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT.