The Organizational Optimization Module (OOM) provides a central resource for team assembly, deployment, coordination, and performance feedback.
This module enables an organization to orchestrate its response to sudden, emerging or changing situations and special needs circumstances such as taskforces, special projects, or interdisciplinary teams. The Avue® workflow system insures that appropriate individuals are notified automatically when such events will trigger so proper follow up can occur and completes any necessary formal personnel actions or payroll transactions. OOM employs a multi-disciplinary approach that links critical skills and coordinates the project team.
OOM provides an inventory of key information for all employees and other relevant members of the organization’s extended enterprise such as contractors, including:
• Detailed skills and competencies.
• Residential geographic location and assigned official duty station.
• Availability including type of availability (e.g., full-time, part-time, or as a consultant).
• Contact information including email addresses for electronic outreach.
• Security clearance type and status.
• Travel clearance and passport confirmation.
• Specialties and any certifications or specialized training received.
• Personal preferences for type of employment and travel.
• Other availability and skill information.
• Emergency contact information management and tracking and reporting in during emergency events.
By utilizing either direct tracking or bidirectional feeds from the organization’s other systems, OOM can concurrently display the characteristics of physical assets such as supply levels, inventory, condition, location, and other relevant information. Assets assigned to individuals, such as purchase cards, personal protective equipment, and others, can be tracked with the individual and automatic notification to return such assets or automatic termination of access, such as to computer systems or purchase cards, can be set based on the individual’s status, assignment duration, termination of the assignment, and other similar variables. The Avue® workflow system insures that appropriate individuals are notified automatically when such events will trigger so proper follow up can occur and completes any necessary formal personnel actions or payroll transactions.
In addition, OOM provides the organizational capability for incident and status reporting that ensures that everyone who is involved in a particular situation is automatically provided with all necessary information and the ability to take action.
• OOM also tracks specific project milestones and assigned performance feedback dates.
• OOM automatically initiates and solicits employee/team member feedback to collect information from the organization’s employees, contractors, or other third parties about how project and performance objectives are being met.
• OOM tracks performance by “rolling up” achievements and suboptimal outcomes from individual and team performance ratings into a consolidated organizational view. Outcomes are tracked, and where necessary, skill, training, and performance deficiencies are evaluated.
OOM generates improvement plans automatically to provide management with specific skill-and knowledge-building activities and training to bring performance level to full proficiency.
• Maintenance of a complete inventory of the skills, certifications, clearances, availability, preferences, education, and other pertinent information on the individuals within your workforce, regardless of whether these characteristics relate to the individual’s current position or to prior positions.
• Matching workforce assets with near-term or emergency needs and situations, and special needs circumstances such as taskforces, special projects, or interdisciplinary teams, notifying prospective candidates of opportunities for reassignment, details and projects.
• Setting up contingency teams to shorten staffing response times and improve operations.
• Providing agency-wide organizational chart form to provide visibility on workforce assets, current locations, current supervisory structure, and other important characteristics, such as years of service, and competencies by individual and by business unit.
• Assistance in defining actions managers should consider based on forecasted trends, while helping managers engage more proactively to reduce cycle time between workforce events and corrective, supplemental, or replenishment actions.
• Track workforce location and status during an emergency event that prompts evacuation or similar circumstances.
OOM Feature Functionality
• Desktop access to integrated, organizational and employee data, taken from payroll, personnel and budget systems and merged with Avue® data.
• Analytic tools to compare resources with requirements and organizational capacity with demand.
• Graphic and tabular display of costs, headcount, and gap analyses and constant monitoring provided via the Avue Command Center.
• Determination of organizational readiness to take on new missions by comparing current workforce skills with those required for a new or changed mission.
• Identification of the most effective strategy for responding to changes in mission by analyzing skill information, training capacity, and workforce availability, hiring trends and labor market data.
• Suggestions on whether to reassign, retrain, or hire the skills required.
• Monitoring progress toward goals by tracking organizational changes to positions, staff, and individual performance.